CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER at REAL ESTATE COLLABORATIVE
Planned and developed real estate initiative to fill a void and rehabilitate underused, vacant, and brownfield sites not considered by private developers due to extraordinary development costs. After gaining Board approval, the REC, a CAEDC subsidiary, was established to focus on buying, redeveloping, and selling older industrial, commercial, and public building sites. Accomplishments include (2016-2017):
- Founder of real estate development company – operations commenced in October of 2016
- Raised $2 million in private capital for real estate projects
- Six (6) real estate projects under site control, management, or ownership:
- Full build-out projects will create new investment in excess of $100 million with $30 million in private investment
- Create over 2,500 new jobs
- Bring $3 million in new taxes to local and county taxing authorities.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER • CUMBERLAND AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (CAEDC)
Lead the development and execution of CAEDC’s short- and long-term objectives, goals, and strategies. In addition, manage day-to-day decisions to leverage and promote Cumberland County’s economic development and tourism assets to drive growth and create jobs. Act as an executive staff member of the Cumberland County Industrial Development Authority (CCIDA), which helps promote economic development activity in Cumberland County. Accomplishments include (2012-2017):
- Increased net worth from $2.5 million to $3.89 million
- Increased annual revenue from $1.7 million to $2.8 million
- Increased full-time employees from 11 to 14.5
- Led 63 projects to completion
- $710 million in capital investments in communities and 7,705 jobs created and/or retained
- Cumberland County: 2015, 2016, and 2017 fastest growing county in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania based on population. Key factors for growth include: economic development opportunities, quality of education, moderate local taxes and overall quality of life, to include amenities. 3rd lowest unemployment rate in the State, at 4 percent.
- Founder of the Workforce Development Collaborative focused on recruitment and development of workforce talent in the following industries: Heavy Equipment, Advanced Nursing, and Advanced Manufacturing. Collaborative includes educators, business, and industry. Programs create pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship pathways to help business retain, expand, and relocate in Cumberland County. Creates a skilled workforce and provides higher wage job opportunities.
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, COMMERCIAL LENDER
Actively managed a portfolio of over 150 commercial relationships comprising over $80 million in total exposure. Developed and executed a marketing plan and consistently led the market in loan production and deposit growth. Worked with credit analysts to compile complex write-ups for loan approvals, making sound decisions and analyzing financial performance, market conditions, and industry factors.
BACHELOR OF ARTS | DECEMBER 2005 | MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Major: Political Science, Related coursework: Pre-Law
MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION | DECEMBER 2011 | WALDEN UNIVERSITY
Major: Strategic Leadership
Consumer lending certification from Core State Financial Group and Commerce Bank
Commercial Lending Certification in Credit Analysis from Commerce Bank
MANAGEMENT / LEADERSHIP
Successful completion of the Commercial Management Development Program at Metro Bank
- Completion of Executive Level courses through International Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) and Pennsylvania Economic Development Association (PEDA)
- National Security Strategy Seminar – Certificate of Leadership from the United States Army War College
Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) | Board of Trustees
Planning Commission | Susquehanna Township, Dauphin County
Board of Directors | Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts
Chair of the Board of Directors | Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region